Saturday, March 28, 2009

Is there something wrong with us?

Sorry, this might seem rude, but it isn't really directed at anyone who reads this blog. I just needed to vent my frustrations.

We planned a Housewarming Party / Scentsy Open House and invited people a week and a half before the event and only two people besides our parents showed up. We knew that some we invited would not be able to come since they live out of town, but thought for sure at least some people here locally would come. I know that people have things going on, or things come up and plans change, but apparently 1 1/2 weeks is not enough notice for people to work out their schedules. We had it scheduled for two different days, with three different time frames, and you are telling me that you couldn't fit any time in at all during those times to stop by? Nobody really even RSVP'd. We thought maybe people would just show up, had the refreshments planned and everything ready to go. There were a few that let us know they weren't going to be able to come, and that is fine, since we already knew not to expect them. All we really wanted was people to come see our house and visit with us for a while. Is it too much to ask to let us know you won't be coming (if you are local)?

Please don't take this personally, both Mike and I are just frustrated since we put so much work in to planning this and didn't expect that the turn-out would be this low. We always try to go to other events we are invited to, even if we have to change our schedule a little bit. I almost feel like crying. Is there something wrong with us?

8 comments:

Rachel @ The Little Blue Room said...

Nope. Nothing is wrong with you. At least you know you don't stink, lol, because of the Scentsy filling your home right now. :) Lame joke, I'm known for those. I know you are dissapointed right now but try to just let it go. I'm sorry more friends didn't show up.
My sister hosted my first Stampin' Up party and invited over 15 people, she scheduled a banquet room at a local steak house and preordered $50 worth of food! 2 people came. No one RSVPed and the whole "usually half of the number of invited attends" was proven wrong. We had fun though but what a let down and waste of money.
Question about the candles. How long does one square last? If it says in the catalog somewhere I missed it. I wish I was closer to you so I could smell some of the scents. Are they as good as Bath and Body works? I am a scent/ candle lover. I'm actually trying to convience John I need to sign up under you to sell it out here. ROFL! He's not buying it yet though. I've never heard of it so I think there may be a market for it here. Is it well known out there? Well, enough questions for now...it's 2 am! LOL. Email me. :)

Rachel @ The Little Blue Room said...

Well, duh, I saw in the post below that they last 60-80 hours. I really like the outlet kind. I may have to get one for every room, lol. John will love that. :)
Do you have like sample scents you can send me? They need scratch n' sniff catalogs, lol. Or like the perfume in magazines. :) Any reccomendations? I like Citrusy, vanilla, and food scents usually. Have any favs?
Thanks

Robert said...

I would have come but I am far away. But I'll be sure to stop by and take in all the candle-y goodness when I am home at the end of the month.

I tried to RSVP to the MySpace invite, but it was broken until after your little get together. I figured you would know I wouldn't be stopping by.

Sorry that more people didn't stop by. Sounds like the story of my life. But you are still the bestest big sister!

Love ya!

Stella said...

I had the same problem while I was doing Artex in the 70's while Dad was in the Army. It gave me a chance to get out (I didn't have Open House) Felt sorry for the Hostess with low attendance with all the preping, sometimes it was just the hostess and family, but we tried to have fun. Your Housewarming Party /Scentsy Open House was the only way to have a date with your dad and he did have fun with Lance and loved you home. Thanks for inviting us, Bill was out- and for those who missed it because for whatever the reason, the scents fill the whole house, I'm so excited to get a plug-in for the Powder Room Did I miss "Fresh Linen"? LOL :ove Yo and Good Luck Taking my books to work today. Mom

Stefanie said...

I'm sorry you didn't have a good turnout. I can only imagine how you are feeling. I believe you got my message about not showing up, right? With Rob leaving in the next week, there were things that need to get down. I really want to order some stuff, I might not make it this time cuz money is a little tight preparing for him to go down there, but should be able to order once he gets situated. Lots of love!

Stefanie said...

Also, I've spread the word at work so I'll keep you informed.

Krystle Ricks said...

Kathy, I am so sorry! I HATE IT when I plan something and it doesn't turn out the way I wanted! Which is pretty much EVERY time I plan something! I wish I could have been there to go to your party! I'm so sorry! Hope you are feeling better!

Kathy said...

Thanks for all of your comments everybody! It felt good to just vent it out and we feel much better about it now. I will just keep trying and I know things will eventually turn out the way I want them to.