Friday, June 24, 2011

Update



So I guess I'm not very good at blogging, seeing as it has been over a year since my last post. I could use the excuse that I was busy with school, but that would only be true until December. I finished my last semester and then graduated with honors at the commencement ceremony on June 4th. It is a pretty good feeling to be all finished with school. Now it is Mike's turn to go back and finish his degree. He has decided that he will get his EMT Certification and work towards becoming a paramedic while he finishes his Bachelors degree over the next couple years. At that point he might pursue a Masters degree in a Physician Assistant program, or he may decide that he really likes working as a Paramedic and just continue doing that.


The last time I blogged, I had just completed my first half marathon. This year so far I have run two more half marathons and have improved my time. I did the Salt Lake City Half Marathon in April with a time of 2:25:55 and the Utah Valley Half Marathon on June 11th with a time of 2:31:11. Mike also ran the Utah Valley Half Marathon with a time of 2:15:12. I think that's pretty good for his first race at that distance. I don't know if I will do any more half marathons this year, but I would like to find a 10k I could do. I am also thinking about doing a triathalon at the fitness center in August since I now have a bike. With all the running I have been doing along with Weight Watchers for the last year I have lost 30 pounds. I have a bit more to go and it's taking me longer than I wanted, but I know I will eventually do it.

Lance is growing up! He graduated from Kindergarten and is getting ready for 1st Grade. He was accepted into American Preparatory Academy (a Charter School), and we are amazed at what he has been learning. They teach writing in cursive starting in Kindergarten, and his handwriting has been improving. He is very smart at math and really loves doing things with numbers. Now we just need to work on his reading (he hates it) and he will do great!

Until next time...hopefully it won't be another year. :)

3 comments:

Robert said...

How dare you steal my sign off!!! Seriously, though, you should try and write more. Maybe not as much as I do, since I am super awesome and whatnot, but at least once a month. :)

Rachel @ The Little Blue Room said...

Thanks for the update. So many good things going on with you guys. You should post more. The once a month idea from Robert sounds like a good idea! :) I enjoy reading about what is going on with the Utah Ricks. We need to video chat soon through the PS3. That was great! Love you guys!!

Jen said...

You look fantastic! It's great to hear that you're all doing well! Congrats on your graduation and good luck to Mike!