Sunday, December 6, 2009

Am I Crazy?

So, maybe I'm crazy, but I will let you decide for yourself. I have decided that I want to train to run a half marathon this upcoming year, and if that goes well, maybe even a marathon. It is something that I have wanted to do, so I could at least say that I have done it. Besides, if they can run a marathon on the Biggest Loser, then surely I can do it if I train and condition for it.

I needed something that would keep me motivated to work out on a regular basis and I thought if I registered for a race, I would want to make sure to finish it so I wasn't wasting my money. Hopefully, it will also help me to tone up and lose the weight that has wanted to stay with me. I originally had the goal to be able to run the annual Susan G. Komen 5K with my sister and friends instead of walking it, but upped my goal to a half marathon. I will be starting my training with an 8 to 9 week program to run a 5K since I am not running on a regular basis right now. Once I complete that, I will do a 12 week training program for the half marathon, which should give me plenty of time to train for a race, I'm thinking the Salt Lake Marathon & Half Marathon that is in mid-April. If that goes well, I will continue my training and race in the Marathon that is on the 24th of July.

Now that I have put it out there for everyone, I better follow through with my goals so I don't disappoint any of you. So, now do you think I'm crazy? Don't worry, I won't hold it against you if you do think I am nuts.

3 comments:

Stefanie said...

Not crazy at all...that's a great idea! Biggest Loser made me really think about it too...so I might be joining you! Good luck, keep us updated on the training!

Jen said...

I think it's fantastic! I ran a half marathon once. i didn't train quite as I should, but it turned out great anyway. I've been running a lot this year and lost over 40 pounds doing it. I feel fabulous! Congrats on makeing the choice! Way to go!

Rachel @ The Little Blue Room said...

How fun! Go for it!